Flood FAQs #11 – What are examples of residential buildings?

Compliance > Lending > Flood > FAQs
Q:  What are examples of residential buildings?
A:   Residential buildings include one-to-four family dwellings; apartment or other residential buildings containing more than four dwelling units; condominiums and cooperatives in which at least 75 percent of the square footage is residential; hotels or motels where the normal occupancy of a guest is six months or more; and rooming houses that have more than four roomers. A residential building may have incidental nonresidential use, such as an office or studio, as long as the total area of such incidental occupancy is limited to less than 25 percent of the square footage of the building, or 50 percent for single-family dwellings.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION – This Q&A was included in the “Interagency Questions and Answers Regarding Flood Insurance.”   For ease of collection, this has been obtained from the FDIC’s Compliance Examination Manual – April 2016, which may be found here:  https://fdic.gov/regulations/compliance/manual/5/V-6.1.pdf

Add Feedback