Flood FAQs #27 – What is an NFIP Residential Condominium Building Association Policy (RCBAP)?

Compliance > Lending > Flood > FAQs
Q:  What is an NFIP Residential Condominium Building Association Policy (RCBAP)?
A:   The RCBAP is a master policy for residential condominiums issued by FEMA. A residential condominium building is defined as having 75 percent or more of the building’s floor area in residential use. It may be purchased only by condominium owners associations. The RCBAP covers both the common and individually owned building elements within the units, improvements within the units, and contents owned in common (if contents coverage is purchased). The maximum amount of building coverage that can be purchased under an RCBAP is either 100 percent of the replacement cost value of the building, including amounts to repair or replace the foundation and its supporting structures, or the total number of units in the condominium building times $250,000, whichever is less. RCBAP coverage is available only for residential condominium buildings in Regular Program communities.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION – This Q&A was included in the “Interagency Questions and Answers Regarding Flood Insurance.”   For ease of collection, this has been obtained from the FDIC’s Compliance Examination Manual – April 2016, which may be found here:  https://fdic.gov/regulations/compliance/manual/5/V-6.1.pdf

Add Feedback