Q: What are the steps for properly submitting a single (discrete) FinCEN CTR filing through the BSA E-Filing System?
A: Please ensure all of the following steps are followed when completing a single FinCEN CTR:
1. Complete the report in its entirety with all requested or required data known to the filer.
2. Click “Validate” to ensure proper formatting and that all required fields are completed.
3. Click “Sign with PIN” – Enter the personal identification number (PIN) the BSA E-Filing System has assigned to your user ID. If you do not know your PIN, please click on the “Manage PIN” link in the left navigation menu for your PIN to be displayed.
4. Click “Save” – Filers may also “Print” a paper copy for their records. The “Save” button will allow you to select the location to save your filing.
5. Click “Submit” – After clicking “Submit,” the submission process will begin.
This FAQ was obtained from FinCEN’s website, FinCEN CTR FAQs section, which may be found here: