BSA FAQs 18(b) - Who should conduct the review?

Compliance > BSA > FinCEN Answers to FAQs - BSA
Q:  Who should conduct the review?
A:  Our regulations require an independent review, not a formal audit by a certified public accountant or third-party consultant. Accordingly, a money services business does not necessarily need to hire an outside auditor or consultant. The review may be conducted by an officer, employee or group of employees, so long as the reviewer is not the designated compliance officer and does not report directly to the compliance officer.
This FAQ was obtained from FinCEN’s website, in the section for Answers to Frequently Asked BSA Questions, which may be found here: 

Add Feedback