HUD's FAQs - I am a Mortgage Broker. Can I Provide the GFE?

Compliance > Regulation X - RESPA > GFE and HUD-1 > HUD's FAQs
Q: I am a mortgage broker. Can I provide the GFE?

A: Yes, a mortgage broker can provide the GFE, however the lender is ultimately responsible for ascertaining that the GFE was provided to the applicant.

This can be found in GFE-General – FAQ #7 of HUD’s FAQs.  HUD’s FAQs can be found at

Add Feedback