Q: Servicing 3 – Would a Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) Notice of Transfer sent to the Administrator of FEMA (or the Administrator’s designee, i.e., the insurance provider) satisfy the requirements of the Act?
A: Yes. The delivery of a copy of the Notice of Transfer or any other form of notice is sufficient if the sender includes, on or with the notice, the following information that FEMA has indicated is needed by its designee:
• Borrower’s full name;
• Flood insurance policy number;
• Property address (including city and State);
• Name of lender or servicer making notification;
• Name and address of new servicer; and
• Name and telephone number of contact person at new servicer.